8StartButton for Windows 8
8StartButton - Overview
With 8StartButton it is extremely easy to get back what others removed from Windows 8: a unique, minimalistic, new start button, with an extremely easy to use start menu. The 8StartButton start menu also includes a file browser, a recent docs and a recent programs screen. All accessible directly from the start button, or from the radial start menu. So, if you're sick of the old fashinoned stuff, get 8StartButton!
A minimalistic QuickAccess menu lets you decide what to open each time you use the start button. Fully configurable! New: it even works if you prefer not to use the inbuild start button! Unlike competetive products 8StartButton does not clone the old fashioned Windows start menu - it incldues a completely new one, with configurable start tiles, an easy to use and fully featured start menu, a file explorer within the start menu, and so much more.
When you start 8StartButton for the very first time, the software guides you through it's main features by introducing itself -getting familiar with 8StartButton can't be easier. 8StartButton not just adds a start menu to Windows 8.x - it actually lets you decide what the start button should do when you click it: display the radial menu, the start menu, the start screen, or just execute a system action like 'Shutdown' or 'Restart'.
If you need the start button back in Windows 8.x, and if you also need a start menu, and if you're one of those who's sick of the old fashioned stuff: 8StartButton is what you need.
8StartButton - Feature overview
- 8StartButton is not just a start screen button, it is a full start button with a full new designed start menu
- The 8StartButton start menu also includes a file browser, a recent docs and a recent programs screen
- A minimalistic QuickAccess menu lets you decide what to open each time you use the start button. Fully configurable
- 8StartButton even works if you prefer not to use any start button at all
- Customize and personalize your start button with in-build images, or use your own button pictures
- 8StartButton not just adds a start menu to Windows 8 - it actually lets you decide what the start button should do when you click it: display the radial menu, the start menu or the start screen
- Full control over Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is what you get with 8StartButton!
8StartButton - Feature details
- Fully functional start menu: Just as you're used it from previous Windows versions: a start button plus a completely new start menu, for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- A completely new start menu: A fully featured new tree view start menu with right click Explorer menu support - designed in the Windows 8 'Modern UI' style files and a lot more
- You want a start menu, but no start button?: 8StartButton also works without the start button, if you don't like it. Just move your mouse into the bottom left corner of the desktop!
- Fully integrating into Windows 8 + Windows 8.1: 8StartButton integrates into Windows 8 and into the Windows 8 task bar - supporting all possible task bar orientations
- Extremely customizable: Edit all start menu tiles, add additional tiles, and up to 10 custom start menu buttons. Skin the start button with own images
- A start menu with a file browser included: The 8StartButton start menu is not just a start menu - it also includes a file browser for quick and direct access to drives, folders, and files
- Low memory and CPU usage: Requires only a bit of your system's CPU power (0% if idle) and physical memory (0.6 MB if idle)
8StartButton - Requirements
8StartButton runs on any edition of Windows 8.x - x86 and x64. The 8StartButton setup installs the correct version depending on your system's architecture.
It includes an English, a German, Korean, Chinese and a Spanish user interface, but it surely works on any version of Windows 8.x.